Monday, February 2, 2009

Welcome to Analog War Cry

Hello friends and fellow pedal junkies. This is the first of many issues I will posting on some of my favorite underground, boutique, indie, and solo pedal companies. Call them what you will, they're out there working their asses off building us some of really badass sounding effects, the revolution has begun! It is important to me that they get a little bit more attention and exposure. With the brand of music that has been invading our homes and radios the past decade lord knows we need some better tones. Players are so accustomed to following trends and hype, they buy these overrated, over priced devices that most of the time end up being nothing special. It's none of my business and I don't mean to get in the way if that's your bag, but if you're interested in some great pedals this is the place for you. This last year I've had the pleasure of discovering some of the best pedals and builders I have come across in years. With the "pedal boom" in full swing again people are starting to let their heads go wild with great ideas and inventions, some new and mind boggling, some classic and traditional. Some we know of well, and some...well it's no surprise that the "Big Cats" are out there building gimmicks and silly boxes trying to reel in the beginner and you curious ones as well, I'll just say that. Analog War Cry will be featuring a collection of articles related to the up and coming, bits of news as it comes, picks of the month, reviews, links to some great builders and very very soon I will be adding audio and video demos. All related to stompboxes! From time to time I will also be writing on some of my favorite underground bands and players, with info on the gear they use and links to their music. I'd like to see more of you out there building great sounding pedalboards and rigs, there is so much unique, great sounding gear out there that will give you your own unique voice and sound, you just have to look! I hope I can help bring to your attention some new pedal companies and most important I hope you give them a shot. My email is at the side of the blog if you'd like to contact me for any reason, I'd like to hear what you think. ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment